Monday, August 31, 2009


My little niece turns 1 year old in two days (I had to post my most favorite pouty face of hers when she was only 3 weeks old). My goodness I sound like my mum when I say – my how time has flown by. A year ago my sister was pregnant and I was waiting to see when she would deliver. I go for a jog one night and when I return –boom I’m an Aunt. The easiest delivery I had ever heard of (thanks Ericka for not ruining it for the rest of us – might have been scared to death had you gone through 45 hours of labor) and the most amazing lil creation landed into my life. She has grown so much (3x’s her birth weight) but still a lil pip of a thing. I think the part of all this that warms my hear the most is my Grandma got to know she was a great grandma. She got to see pictures of Bailey; she could not have been happier for the Grappe family. Her very first great grandbaby ever! Little Bailey Rae Grappe. Grandma died soon after, exactly two months, almost to the day. But she knew…all that time she knew she had a great grandbaby.
Happy birthday Bailey Rae. I honestly wish you continue to laugh like the free spirited child you are. I wish you many, many instances where you wobble a bit, but find things to hold on to while you learn to walk. I hope you continue to love and kiss on your mama the way you do. I wish you decades of running to give daddy a hug and kiss hello when he comes in. I hope you find hundreds of turtles that spark your interest and make you smash them down when they stop playing. I hope you keep those big brown eyes turned towards Jesus with the smile you have that is so captivating. You’ve stolen our hearts little one. Happy birthday….

No comments:

Post a Comment